Adding flourish to your home for the holidays is about engaging the senses – make it feel festive this month with the sights, sounds and smells of the holiday season.
Sights of the Season
- Greenery isn’t just for a tree or a wreath – add greenery to tabletops, lampshades, coffee tables. Flock it first for a snowy feel. Or add a small ornament or peppermint candies for a more playful look.
- Switch out regular light bulbs for green and red ones in lamps to add a more colorful glow to a room.
- Add bowls of holiday sweets throughout the house to indulge your sweet tooth.
Choose a different holiday movie to watch every night of the month – everyone in the family can take turns choosing so everyone is included.
Sounds of the Season
- Pull out all your old holiday records or queue up your holiday playlist every day to add holiday cheer to everyday tasks.
- Add a string of sleigh bells or jingle bells to your doorknobs so every time your doors open and close you’ll hear the sound of the season.
And there’s nothing like the sound of a crackling fire during the holidays!
Smells of the Season
- If you choose a tree, choose a real one. The pine scent will fill your home with holiday vibes.
- Make cookies! The holidays call for cookie baking and decorating.
- Add holiday scented candles to your home to make it smell amazing for the season.